Saturday, August 25, 2007

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Let me say up front that there will be no spoilers in this brief review, just my general comments about this book and the end of the Potter series. Overall I think this book was good. I found it better than the fifth or sixth book but not as good as the first four (which in my opinion were the best in the series.) For me, fiction has to be very economical with words since long drawn out stories (think Fellowship of the Ring) are tiring and unnecessary. The Christian symbolism in this story was well done and I commend Rowling crafting such a good series with a powerful Christian subtext. I would say more but I’d rather just encourage everyone to read this book/series for themselves. Don’t rely on the movies alone since they (as typical for movies) don’t do justice to Rowling’s books.

No comments: